Sunday, October 30, 2011

Baby needs a new pair of shoes!

As the head Buyer at Friendly Rooster, I get to look at shoes quite often.  And I must admit I have a bit of a baby shoe fetish (thus, my reason for joining Friendly Rooster).  I just love baby shoes, especially good quality baby shoes.  That is why I am so excited that we are going to be able to offer Tip Toey Joey shoes to  moms in the US.

Tip Toey Joey is a brand that I carried during my Babystyle years.  This brand continually was one of the top 3 brands I carried.  Unfortunately, when Babystyle closed its doors, Tip Toey Joey no longer had a platform to sell to US customers.  At the same time, the Brazilian economy started to climb, and it took all of the attention away for the owners, Scott and Ana.



I love these shoes.  They are such great quality, and they are wonderful for baby feet.  They look more like an actual shoe (vs Robeez that look like leather socks...albeit very cute leather socks).  Yet they are functional.  As we all know, as baby is beginning to walk it is best to be in bare feet.  However, where is the style in that?

Seriously though, TTJ shoes are made of super soft leather that is non-restrictive and allows baby feet to grow and move.  Good quality footwear is important for babies whose bones are still malleable and growing faster than at any other time.  The shoes also have a padded leather insole that pulls perspiration from their little feet while giving added comfort.  The bottom of the shoes are made with thin, non-skid rubber soles.  They are flexible...allowing for natural development of foot and leg muscles, as well as helping to maintain good balance and posture.

In my opinion, the best part about these shoes (besides style, of course) is that they stay on little baby feet.  They easily slip on, but the elastic ankle band keeps them in place.  This way, baby can't take them off and lose them.  Then again, it will give you a built in excuse to buy a new pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment